Handling and use
- Do not install on foundation exteriors, in-ground, or in any other environment involving exposure to water, moisture, or water vapor in large quantities.
- Prolonged exposure to 100°C or more will degrade thermal resistance and other properties, despite dimensional stability (within 2%) at up to 200°C.
- Use only NEOMA™ Foam DH or UF for concrete-placement installation.
Storage and transport
- Store in dry, area free from exposure to water and direct sunlight.
- Bound together and cover with protective sheet upon storing to prevent dispersion by wind.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects, edges, and corners, to prevent physical damage.
- Avoid exposure to load and impact on any portion not supported by substrate, to prevent cracking.
- Avoid installation during windy weather, to prevent rippling and cracking.
Dust generation in cutting
- When cutting, use vacuum-equipped cutter and approved workclothes, dust mask, and goggles.
- For large-volume cutting in confined space, ensure adequate ventilation and minimize dust formation.
- Dust from NEOMA™ Foam is not identified as a health hazard. Promptly flush eyes with running water without rubbing to remove dust and gargle with water to remove them from mouth and throat.
Exposure to ignition sources
- Avoid exposure to flame during transport, storage, and installation, to prevent carbonization. (LOl : 28% or more.)
- Ammonia gas may be generated during combustion.The concentration is very low to cause any health hazard.
Discoloration under UV exposure
Ultraviolet exposure may cause change in color but it will not cause any significant change in its property.Keep away from direct ultraviolet radiation while storing and installing NEOMA™ Foam.
- Contact an authorized disposal agent and dispose in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Compressing or crushing will result in the release of hydrocarbon gas from the foam cells, and should therefore be performed in a non-confined area with adequate ventilation.
Exposure to insects and pests
Contains no substance of food or nutritional value to termite larva, insects, or animals, but may be damaged by their presence.
Notes on all of the foregoing precautions:
- They apply only to ordinary use and applications.
- Suitability and safety for any special application or use must be determined in advance by the user.
- They are based on currently available information and are subject to change without notice in the event of new findings or knowledge.